Thursday, 10 January 2008
Do you want a job in the Fez Medina?
A beautiful Boutique Hotel in the heart of the old town in Fez (Morocco) www.riad-laaroussa.com is looking for a full time manager to run the hotel. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking for an interesting change.
The ideal candidate will have good management and client relationship skills and be fluent in English with either French or Arabic.
The post offers a competitive salary. For further details and application process please e-mail to email@example.com
Le Riad Laaroussa www.riad-laaroussa.com est une Maison d’hôtes de charme située dans un ancien Palais du XVIII siècle dans la médina (ville historique) de Fès au Maroc.
La maison d’hôtes a ouvert en Octobre 2006 avec une capacité hôtelière de 7 chambres et suites et une activité de restaurant essentiellement réservée aux clients du Riad et un Hammam avec salle de massage (disponible en Mars 2008).
Le personnel se compose d’une dizaine de personnes réparties entre cuisine, service, ménage et accueil.
Le Riad fonctionne toute l’année.
Dans le cadre du développement de l’activité, nous recherchons une responsable pour l’exploitation du Riad.
About the Hotel
Riad Laaroussa (www.riad-laaroussa) is a charming Boutique hotel set in an ancient XVIII century palace in the centre of Fez Medina in Morocco. The hotel which opened in October 2006, has 7 rooms and a capacity for up to 20 guests. Other facilities include a restaurant, hammam and massage room (opening in March 2008), which are primarily for guest use only. Clients are mainly from England and the USA.
The hotel is run on a very personal basis with only a small number of guests; service is excellent, with nothing being too much trouble.
The Riad is currently managed by the owner, who is looking for someone to take over the management responsibility full time. The staff stronghold is of ten people working in the kitchen, reception and housekeeping. There is a pleasant and respectful environment between the staff and a nice atmosphere in the hotel. Many guests already return.
About the Job
We are looking for a dynamic, personable and well organized full time manager to oversee the everyday running of the Riad. The ideal candidate will be an all-rounder who is strong on the hospitality side as well as the back office and staff management.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to develop and expand an already well functioning hotel in a friendly environment with excellent staff. The experience living and working in Fez Medina, a UNESCO World Heritage is one full of surprises and environment where each day is different and always fun.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks
• In charge of administration, accounts, human resources and overall day to day management of the Riad.
• Managing reservations and client relationships.
• Ensuring good working relationships and cohesiveness of the members of the team (kitchen staff, house keeping, reception and other).
• Delegating work and giving responsibility to team members.
• Ensuring client satisfaction and that the service they receive is of the highest possible standard.
• Monitoring and responding to client reviews to improve service.
• Promoting media coverage of the Riad, and expanding the client base.
• Reports directly to the owner of the riad, and sharing any problems with them.
A confident self-started who is as comfortable socializing with guests as managing the back-office.
• Experience in hospitality.
• Fluent English with either French or Arabic.
• Good working knowledge of Excel/ Word / Outlook.
• Management experience.
• Ability to work in and adapt to a multicultural environment; sensitive to local customs and ways of working.
• Personable and approachable person who enjoys the client relationship.
• 25+ years of age.
• Experience in marketing and PR.
• Experience of living and working abroad.
• Experience in managing accounts.
• A competitive salary with performance related bonus.
• Help with finding accommodation (it can be provided for first few months).
• Help with securing a work permit.
• Flexible holiday allowance.
• Minimum contract of 1 year with a 3 months trial period.
How to Apply
• By CV sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
• A one page side of A4 saying why you are interested in the job, why you think you would be good at it and what your personal situation is in relation to moving to Morocco
• Passport size photo.
Tags: Moroccan Morocco Fes, Maghreb news